My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors.
“Sarah and Brendon are the sweetest souls - totally madly in love…. and a joy to capture on camera. Their wedding was completely romantic, and the over-the-top dance party raged on until the wee hours of the night. The designs were breathtaking. Congratulations! “
Wedding pictures- Part twelve.
1. if you ever want to wear mommy’s make-up, just make sure you don’t eat it. when it’s time to go to bed, I will help you wash it off.
2. when school starts and you want to jump rope instead of play kickball, be careful not to trip and hurt your knees.
3. if you grow up and a boy makes your heart hurt, you do not have to be ashamed.
4. if you fall in love with a girl
who wears the same clothes
as you, it will be easy for me to buy you both presents.
5. if I teach you anything, I will teach you to be gentle.
6. you are not Atlas and the world
is not a burden for you to carry.
7. if you do not like your body, if you feel like you were put inside the wrong one, I will stand by and watch you become again.
8. because we are human beings and we do not always have to
take what we are given.
9. I will love you constantly, fervently, always.
10. I will teach you the value of
the word “no” so that, when you hear it, you do not question it.
11. when the war comes
and you want to fight, I will
sleep with clenched fists until you come home to me.
12. when the war comes and you don’t want to go, I will sleep soundly.
13. you are allowed to be soft. you are allowed to break and bend. you do not have to be strong. you do not have to be a soldier.
a letter to my future son | Caitlyn S. (via alonesomes)
This is beautiful, but honestly, I’d be terrified if my son/daughter wanted gender reassignment surgery. Not because they feel like they are one gender living in a different gender’s body, but because those surgeries are so invasive, so painful, sooo expensive.
I would be supportive, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t scared.
Everything about this post is perfect. Because growing up is for losers.
50 Ways to Pretend to Be Smarter
In which Grace teaches you how to fake being smarter than you are in 50 easy steps. Some of them might possibly involve cheese. Maybe.
Today’s paternity leave video is brought to you by the delightful: http://www.youtube.com/dailygrace
A+++. Who needs me when there is Grace?
(Alice is doing great. Thanks for all your kind wishes.)
spamming you with selfies cos i love my new hair
idk what i’m doing but my hair looks hot kkkkkk
by John Brehm
I wear my heart on my sleeve,
or rather both sleeves, since
it’s usually broken.
Sometimes when I join my hands
to pray, the jagged edges
like a plate that fell and cracked
apart from being asked
to hold too much.